Could you offer Supported Lodgings to a young person in your community?

August 10, 2019 8:34 pm, written by .

Young people are vulnerable for many reasons. They may have left the care system after being fostered or have experienced family breakdowns. They may have faced the trauma of a bereavement and need emotional support. They may be at risk of being harmed and are vulnerable and need protecting.

Subsequently, they will need strong practical and emotional support to help them to move forward. We need Supported Lodgings providers to help with practical, everyday life skills and to help young people get access to the essential support services that can help them.

We need people who have time to share their own life skills. The skills we gain from caring for our families, our children and professional skills we may have acquired throughout our careers working with young people. We need people to work together with Project workers who connect with young people in your care to help them access education, and essential support networks.

Whatever your marital status, ethnicity, religion or gender, it’s all good. Our aim to find carers as diverse as the vulnerable young people who need our support.

What’s the criteria to becoming a carer?

You will need to be over 21 with a spare furnished bedroom. You will need to have a positive outlook for the future and to share your positivity by becoming an advocate who will speak on behalf of young people when it is needed.

Can I work whilst providing Supported Lodgings, and will I get paid?

Supported lodgings providers can work whilst caring for a young person, however, you will receive a generous allowance that covers the cost of having a young person live with you in your home.

Today it is raining and the sun is shining, we are however heading towards winter again. We urgently need to find caring and supportive people who can protect vulnerable young people in safe, family homes.

Please enquire today. Together we can make a difference!